Mindfulness is something that I am trying to practice more however I do find it hard as I have such a busy mind that I find it difficult to stop and slow down but that is exactly how mindfulness can help!
So today, I wanted to share with you why practicing mindfulness can be an important step in your daily routine as well as small practices you can take to becoming more mindful.
Before we begin, I would like to point out that most of the information in today's blog post has been picked out from the NHS website as I found they had some really good advice and tips on there which I wanted to share with you.
So, without further ado, let's get into today's post...
The Importance Of Mindfulness -
- Helps reduce your thought speed so you can focus more on making well judged decisions, reduces being distracted by your thoughts and helps you focus your thoughts
- Practicing mindfulness can help reduce stress as it helps you find time to focus on yourself and to slow down
- We can become more aware of situations, our body and our surroundings which means that being more mindful can help you align with the world again
- Releases positive emotions. As we become more aware of our surroundings, it can help us feel more grateful for the things and people we have in our lives.
- Helps to make our thoughts more manageable. We can notice changes in our thought patterns and can acknowledge that our thoughts are 'mental events' that can't control us which helps us avoid getting carried away with our thoughts.
How To Be More Mindful -
Be More Alert - when you are on your daily walk or when you are having a conversation with someone, be more mindful and focused in what is being said and the surroundings. Be present in the now, not what you are having for tea.
Practice Makes Perfect - as I mentioned previously, I find practicing mindfulness quite hard but you will only get better at it if you continue to practice. Therefore, try and incorporate mindfulness into your daily or weekly routine.
Be Present - when you catch yourself thinking about the past or the future, try and bring back your thoughts to what is happening in the now. The now is the only thing that is happening right now so try and be more aware of the day you are in.
Find Your Environment - practicing mindfulness could be taking 5 minutes at your desk to realign your thoughts or finding a light, bright space to realign your thought first thing in the morning. Find where you are most comfortable practicing mindfulness and go for it!
I really do hope that today's blog post has provided you with more information on how you can practice mindfulness as well as sharing with you the importance of practicing mindfulness. Let me know in the comments if you practice mindfulness and if you have any tips or tricks
Reference - Mindfulness on NHS Website - https://bit.ly/3r20M0D
Follow Me on Instagram:
lifeful_lifestyle - main blogging account - quotes, blog content, inspiring and motivating you in your daily life
lifeful_fitness - day in the life of a runner training of a marathon, exercise tips, mindset strategies
lifeful_books - a book club to motivate you to read more, to feel part of a community and other bookish content
Follow Me on Facebook: